Saturday, December 15, 2012

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim Review

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim

This is really a great phone for what it does. I have am an IPhone user so I am going to compare the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim to my IPhone experience. I know this is not an apple to apple comparison but many consumers are tired of paying such high cell bills in order to have a smart fun. Is this a good alternative that you can save money and be happy with?

 I have been disappointed with my IPhone since they ran an update over a year ago not allowing for java or adobe flash to work on the IPhone. I am an online marketer and there are a lot of tools and programs that I use both Java and Adobe Flash to run. This made the IPhone a huge disadvantage for me. You can only watch videos that are recorded in quick-time or YouTube. You are able to watch movies on Crackle.



Another thing to take in to consideration is how much will you pay for unlimited talk, text, web and data plans to run your IPhone. For me I had Verizon and this plan was $120.00 with tax. My husband and the Bionic phone and the same plan. Paying over $240 a month for phones is really insane.

 That is a car payment, a boat payment, a 4 runner payment, you get what I'm saying right? In other words, you could buy items you own at the end of the loan or pay this for cell phones that you will never pay off. Just in 24 months, we have paid $5,700 dollars in cell phone charges.

 I wanted to find a nice phone that I could use to do business more efficiently when I am not in front of my laptop. I didn't want to spend too much on it but I didn't want it to be a piece of junk that would lack features and run slow.

 The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim is actually very user friendly. I had no problem getting it set up when it arrived in the mail. The instructions were very simple. I set up my blue-tooth, synced my social media accounts and transferred my existing number within minutes.

Another Consumer Review of the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Proclaim


Note: Go onto Straight Talks website or Walmart.com and buy your plan minutes before you get your phone set up.

 I got my Samsung Galaxy Proclaim through Walmart.com. Right now you can get it for $149.98 instead of the retail price at the store of $179.88. With tax and adding a phone protection coverage for $15 for 3 years, it came to about $179.00 all said and done.

The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim has Wi-fi, 3G, GPS, app store, easy social media set up and it syncs everything fast and easy. See all the great features here.

How to transfer your Contacts from your IPhone to your Samsung Galaxy Proclaim

This was a little tricky. All I could find in the user manual and online was to set up my email accounts and it would sync my contacts. Yes and No. It did pull everyone in my Facebook and Google Gmail into my phone but it did not put my contacts from my phone that are not on these accounts.

 After research this is what you need to know and do:

 Turn off the Cloud storage on your IPhone first Now plug your IPhone to your computer to connect to your Itunes account. Back up your IPhone contacts. Just click on your IPhone symbol on left side of screen, then click on file and contacts. Make sure it is on Google Contacts not Windows. Sign in with your google account. Should be the same one you are using for I-tunes. then click on allow on the bottom. Your contacts will now be backed up to your Google account.

Go to your settings on your Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. Click Accounts & Sync. Add your Google account. Tap on the account you added. Make sure you have checked to Sync Contacts and Sync Instant Upload. Your contacts should now sync and add. You may want to turn your phone off and on once you see the sync green symbol stop spinning. This will make sure your SD Card is updated.

Not done yet. Not all of your contacts will be on your phone just yet. Go to your IPhone and add the app My Contacts Backup. Run the free version. Now install and run. All your contacts from your IPhone will be saved and loaded. It will prompt you to enter the email address you will be using as your Google Account. Enter this email address and go check your email. Click on Import to Contacts.

You will now see on the left top of your GMAIL email that it has added all of your contacts. To find your contacts on GMAIL, click on GMAIL button at the top left, click on Contacts.

If you have another duplicated group that says imported contacts, you can delete that Group by clicking on it, it will open the duplicate contact list in your email, then check mark all, click on More and delete Group.

Now go back to your Samsung Galaxy Proclaim, and uncheck the GOOGLE account you synced. Check to sync again. You will see it running. When it is done, turn your phone off and then on. You should now have successfully uploaded all your contacts from your IPhone and your Email Google Accounts.

The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim is very light weight compared to the IPhone. It is very close in size but not in weight. You need a few accessory. The phone when delivered to your home from Walmart.com is just the phone. Unless you ordered these necessary items when you ordered your phone.

Don't forget to order a phone and car charger, screen protectors and a cover.

Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Proclaim is a Tracfone product ran off the Verizon Cell Towers. The Customer service is not Verizon so questions and help with your phone is going to be answered by Straight Talk Customer Service.

I have read some review that people did not like Straight Talk Customer Service compared to going into any Verizon store. Sometimes that is convenient but you also will pay a lot more for your phone and plan. There are also some reviews that say it can easily get stuck in airplane mode so make sure you do buy the warranty insurance coverage. The camera does not have flash but if you GOOGLE how to add flash, I read that you can add it as well. Here is a video about adding Flash.



What is more important, getting a hold of customer service fast or getting the same great Verizon coverage on a dependable easy to use smart phone and saving a heck of a lot of money?

You as the consumer should always weigh all factors. Once you have, you should be confident in your purchase.

I do recommend the Straight Talk Phone Plan with Verizon Service and the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim.


Thanks for stopping by!

If you enjoyed this please “comment, like & share” this page…


Laurie Davis
Skype: laurie.davis711



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and if you have a blog I would be happy to follow and comment :)